RSS2.0

I moved to Debiprasad.net. Now I am blogging there, so please visit Debiprasad.net and keep me reading. love, Debiprasad

Ask questions related to online shopping in India

Where to buy online in India?

wheretobuyonline.in

Morning to Night - Bing Bing


What's Bing? For me it's something like a bird tweets "bing bing" or a child makes noise for for "bing bing" or something similar to Crazy Frog singing "bing bing bing bing prrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........".

As usual, looked at my Google Reader in the morning. Found Digital Inspiration blogged about Bing, a advance search engine (they prefer to call it as a decision engine), which which Microsoft will start a big battle with Google, the default choice for a search engine. Earlier Microsoft tried to be on the battle field with MSN Search, Live Search (Nothing was live there, better to call it as dead search!), and did not left any mark. But after seeing the video of Bing, I hope it may leave some mark on the search engine market. At first I did not take this seriously, I saw the related videos later at night.

I subscribe to MyToday News. MyToday is a free SMS subscription service which sends you free SMS on News, Cricket (news, scores), Bollywood news, etc. For News service, they send 2 SMS per day, one in the morning (delivers around 10 AM) and other in the evening (delivers around 5 PM). Generally one SMS includes 2 (rarely 3) News headlines and one advertisement at the bottom. But at headline number 2, it was "MS's 'Bing' to take on Google search"! Is it a headline or Ad? No, it's not as an Ad, it was like a headline. Then I started to think that, Bing is going to live today (29th May). I think Microsoft has paid a good money to MyToday to advertise like that!

Then I searched "Bing" (of course) on Google. And found first 2 results pointing to bing.im, the Mobile IM software. And 3rd result links to bing.com. Clicked on that result and found "Bing and decide, Coming Soon....". Then I <a href to decisionengine.com and but could not able to see the video (Silverlight is not installed on that system and Flash videos are disabled by proxy). So tried to satisfy myself by reading their letter on that web site. I noticed, Digital Inspiration comes on the top result of the search as compared to other popular blog, also above another link of Microsoft. Good! I think as a MVP, he got the news first and blogged.

After the evening people retweeted that Bing stands for “But It’s Not Google.” - TechCruch, I tweeted, If #bing stands for "But it's not Google", what does #kumo stand for?

Anyway, let's wait for Bing to start it's decision engine and now sing with me "Bing, Bing, Bing..... Bingo!"

Morning to Night - Bing BingSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend TwitThis Reading: Morning to Night - Bing BingPost Link to Twitter

0 comments:

My Shared Items in Google Reader

My Blogroll

Followers

Want to see/show anything here? Contact me :)